What is Social Media Marketing?
Social Media Marketing is a technique used to promote brands, products or services through social media platforms and websites like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Pinterest, Whatsapp etc. Also, it helps to increase sales and drive traffic to your website. It is a very popular process of marketing done through the internet.
Social Media Marketing provides ways to reach targeted audiences and customers because it is the most engaging platform to interact with them and to boost conversions and increase brand awareness. It is a platform where one can reach the maximum number of audience at once.
What are the various platforms for Social Media Marketing?
Social media networking websites allow companies to connect with its customers more easily and directly. This also helps the organization to build better relationships and communities with their customers online.
There are various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat etc.
What are the various types of Social Media campaigns?
There are three types of campaign we can run on Social Media:
Let’s have a broader look on the campaign types:
Before starting any ad campaign it is essential to recognize what you want to attain in an effort to pick out the right objective. Your advertising goal is what you need your customers to do when they see your commercials.
Following are the three categories explained to let you understand about the campaigns:
- Awareness: This type of campaign helps in increasing your brand’s recognition to the audience and makes your business more valuable to them. This also helps to generate people’s interest in your products or services.
The two types of Awareness campaigns are further known as:
- Brand Awareness: It helps in increasing people’s awareness of your brand, business or service.
- Reach: Here you can show your ads to as many people as you want who falls under your target audience.
- Engagement: Engagement campaigns help people in reaching and engaging with the posts which include likes, comments and shares.
- Consideration: This campaign will help you in letting people think and know more about your business. It may also include the people who have availed or claimed the offers you have mentioned on the page.
Few types of goal which comes under consideration are:
- Traffic: This ad objective is used to send people from your ad to the website’s landing page, a blog or to an app.
- App Installs: From this you can send people to the store so they can download your business’s app.
- Video Views: Here you can share your business’s videos with your audience who are most likely to watch it.
- Lead Generation: Collect leads like Name, Phone Number/Contact Number, Email ID or any other data or information. So, here you can create an ad while creating an info form with all the data you would like to have of your customers.
- Messages: From this objective you are able to connect with your targeted audience and communicate with them to encourage their interest in your business.
- Conversion: This has objectives of letting your customers buy or use your products or services. Here, you can encourage them to take a certain action on your website. For example if they buy something from your website, download the app or get themselves registered on your site. They may be differentiated in two ways like:
- Catalog Sales: Objective is to let people buy your products from your website to generate sales.
- Store Traffic: Promote your business location for your customers to visit their nearby places.
While your business grows, your campaign goals will, eventually, change. At first, you may start with campaigns which can help you build attention towards the audience and acquire new clients. Later, you can inspire them to make a purchase or use your products and services.